Adolphe Catalin tells the hotel’s story…
- In 1964, with my wife Babette, we built a small hotel with two dormitories, in the middle of a field, not very far from the single ski-lift in Molines en Queyras… the nearest neighbour was more than a kilometer away. We opened our doors for the first time in June 1965.
- The schuss, the godille, the obstrakein, the tremplin, the équipe… these were the popular names at that time. We chose l’équipe.
- Over the years, depending on savings we were able to put aside every season, we extended the hotel going from 8 to 14 bedrooms and ending up with 22 rooms today.
- In 1990, having gained a diploma in the hotel trade, our daughter Patricia joined us and we worked together for many years before leaving her to make herself known to our customers. Following this, her husband Philippe joined the team and they took over the hotel in 2001.
- Since then, the renovation and the re-equipment of the different parts of the hotel – bedrooms, bathrooms, , restaurant, kitchen… – takes up their time in-between seasons.
- Latest work done between 20212 and 2014 : extending the terrace and a pool/spa area as well as a lift. All this to continue to being up-to-date and to allow you to have a wonderful holiday in the Queyras !
The philosopher and the mountain man
Michel Serres, the famous philosopher and Adolphe Catalin : a story about friendship.