The Queyras region in winter
The Queyras offers a skiing domain composed of 4 ski resorts: Molines – Saint Véran, Abriès, Arvieux and Ceillac. These family resorts are ideal for both beginner and expert skiers.
But, in the Queyras there’s not just downhill skiing! Try a Snowshoe hike in one of the wilder valleys, alpine and nordic ski mountaineering, cross country skiing in one of the largest domains in France, racing with sled dogs… so many activities to try out when you discover the Queyras region
Leaving from the hotel
- Downhill skiing / Snowboarding
- 5 French Ski schools (ESF) spread out over the principal skiing areas offer several courses from group to private lessons as well as a chance to try the » new ski techniques « . Snow park for the little ones in every ESF.
- Night time Skiing (during school holiday periods)
- Cross country skiing
- With it’s 220 km of runs and marked trails, the Queyras is the most important nordic skiing domain in the Hautes Alpes department.
- Discover the villages and valleys of the Park with qualified instructors.
- Cross country hikes, Telemark
- During your holiday in the Queyras Regional Park, try close to nature skiing. Cross country skiing hikes with sealskins on telemark skis to discover the off-piste wilder areas.
- Ski mountaineering
- Early powder on the snowy pastures, a large choice of itineraries sheltered from avalanches, a network of hostels and hotels, a taxi service, mountain guides who are passionate about their region, the Queyras is one of the best adapted massifs for ski mountaineering.
- Snowshoe hikes
- Snowshoe walking has become, over the years, an alpine activity in itself. With the supervision of our Queyras guides you will enjoy this fun activity very quickly. The wild, perfectly preserved beauty of the surroundings make the Queyras an exceptional site for this activity.
- Skiing for the Disabled + ESF
Near to the hotel
- Sled dogs
- If we say « sled dogs » to you, you imagine the wide open icy plains of Siberia or Alaska. Live the same experience in the Queyras Regional Park with our « mushers » who offer beginner’s courses in driving a sled with dogs and mini trips for groups or privately.
- Ice diving
- Speleology in an icy lake
- Plunged into the heart of winter at 2500 m altitude, this experience is possible at the Sainte-Anne lake, at the top of the Ceillac ski area.
- Climbing ice falls
- Initiation site in Aiguilles. The Ceillac site, very accessible, allows you to try ice climbing in all safety.
- Walking on frozen torrents.
Major events during the winter
- Cross country ski race across the Queyras region, Grand Béal (Ski mountaineering race)..
- For more information visit www.queyras-montagne.com